Forged Bottom End Advantage
The foundation of any bottom end rebuild is a solid forged crankshaft assembly, which provides strength and reliability far surpassing any cast part that lacks consistency.
Forged crankshafts due to their lighter weight, more compact dimensions and better inherent dampening, rev higher and run smoother than their cast counterparts.
This part of the engine has a huge amount of stress due to twisting and bending 1000's of times a minute while running under load, you don’t want an inferior product here to ruin a motor.
Wiseco engineers have designed our crankshafts to meet or often exceed OEM tolerances giving you the best base for your bottom end.
Crankshafts / Connecting Rods
Wiseco powersports crankshafts feature a double forged connecting rod made from dedicated forgings. The rods maintain superior strength, durability,
and dimensional consistency through improved grain flow. Shot peening eliminates residual stress and oil slots are located
to maximize lower rod oiling and extend bearing life.
Coated bronze thrust washers have a dimpled design to increase oil retention
and reduces stress between the connecting rod, washer, and crank web. Double-drilled small ends provide the piston pin with extra lubrication and cooling,
reducing distortion of top end due to thermal transfer from the piston.
Wiseco has designed these crankshafts and connecting rods to work together with our pistons to provide the smoothest rotating assembly possible.
Having a complete bottom end that is made of 100% forged material will give you the piece of mind that your motor will be able to withstand any abuse within reason.
Professional racers as well as weekend riders choose these solid kits to reduce failure rates and take advantage of the horsepower and immediate torque a light weight bottom end can deliver.
Bottom End Kit Features
- Each kit contains everything you need to complete your rebuild the right way, the first time- crankshaft and connecting rod, all applicable bearings, and complete bottom end gasket kit made to meet or exceed OEM.
- Wiseco connecting rods are double forged from a dedicated forging and feature shot peening, oil slots, and coated bronze thrust washers.
- Bottom end gasket kits are made from premium materials, exceeding OEM standards, to provide exceptional seal between critical mating surfaces.
- Main bearings are manufactured to the highest quality standards. Each is case hardened for maximum life and smooth operation at high RPM’s.
- Corrosion resistant surface treatment to prevent corrosion and pitting over long term use or storage. This will add to the life as well the strength of the assembly.
- Top end of rod is bushed for oil retention and eliminates pin galling. The bottom end rod bores are case hardened to 58-62 RC to optimize bearing running surface.
- The crank pin bearings are manufactured from the highest quality, hot rolled steel case hardened to 58-62 RC to extend the lifetime of the assembly.
- Caged needle roller bearings to provide the highest possible RPM.